Have you ever had such a good experience with a company that you thought “why have I wasted my time buying this anywhere but here?”.
They might’ve solved your problem fast. Or maybe, the experience as such was just amazing. Offering great customer experience might sound easy on paper, but most businesses still settle for an “okay” experience for their customers.
Yes, they might respond to every request within 48 hours or have a chatbot instantly reply to a question, but that’s not something customers will remember them for, is it?
You probably want to learn what superior (not “good”) customer experience is about. The customer experience quotes we’ve selected for this article will help motivate you and your team to become more customer focused.
GREAT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IS NOT JUST ABOUT MAKING SALES
It’s about creating a genuine connection with real customers. Not just buyers.
Hear us out: people buy from brands they can trust. If they’ve had a great experience once, they’ll keep coming back for more, tell their friends who will then tell their friends, and so it goes…
Before a potential customer hits “add to cart”, they need to know that if something goes wrong, your team will fix it. Fast. And they hope to be treated kindly. If your team treats a new customer as a priority, score! You’ve got loyalty.
However, don’t just take our word for it.
The 60 Best Customer Experience Quotes You’ll Ever Read
- “Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us.” – Earl Nightingale, Author
- “Customers have different need states and life experiences.” – Howard Schultz, former Starbucks Coffee CEO.
- “As a brand marketer, I’m a big believer in ‘branding the customer experience,’ not just selling the service.” – John Sculley, American entrepreneur and investor.
- “The best form of customer service is self-service. Constantly empower customers to get their own answers themselves.” – Dan Pena, business success coach.
- “Customer loyalty comes from consistent experience. They learn to count on you.“ – Jimmy John Liautaud, founder of Jimmy John’s.
- “Resolve a complaint in the customer’s favor and they will do business with you again 70% of the time.” – Lee Resources, web development firm.
- “I think if companies start reinventing themselves and focus on the customer experience more, they will win out in the end.” – Alfred Lin, partner at Sequoia Capital.
- “People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy.” – Jeffrey Gitomer, best-selling author and speaker.
- “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” – Steve Jobs, American business magnate.
- “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers” – Seth Godin, author of Seth’s Blog.
- “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway, author.
- “Loyal customers, they don’t just come back, they don’t simply recommend you, they insist that their friends do business with you.” – Chip R. Bell, customer loyalty consultant.
- “There is only one boss. The customer.” – Sam Walton, founder of Walmart.
- “When the customer comes first, the customer will last.” – Robert Half, president of Robert Half International.
- “The simple act of saying ‘thank you’ is a demonstration of gratitude in response to an experience that was meaningful to a customer or citizen.” – Simon Mainwaring, global keynote speaker.
- “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO.
- “No amount of advertising can repair the damage done by failing to properly address a customer’s concern.” – Albert Houtum-Schindler, engineer and scholar of Persia.
- “Being in a curiosity mindset means being fascinated by your customers and their reactions.” – Jake Knapp, author.
- “Life is for service.” – Fred Rogers, American TV personality.
- “To keep a customer demands as much skill as to win one.” – American Proverb
- “I wanted all my stores to be the same, to offer the same customer experience, whether I was there or not.” – Jimmy John Liautaud, founder of Jimmy John’s.
- “The single most important thing is to make people happy. If you are making people happy, as a side effect, they will be happy to open up their wallets and pay you.” – Derek Sivers, writer and entrepreneur.
- “Customer service is the new marketing.” – Derek Sivers, writer and entrepreneur.
- “I attract a crowd, not because I’m an extrovert or I’m over the top or I’m oozing with charisma. It’s because I care.” – Gary Vaynerchuk, businessman.
- “Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy.” – Gretta Palmer, author.
- “Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.” – The Gucci Family
- “A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed.” – Henrik Ibsen, Norwegian playwright.
- “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify!” – Henry David Thoreau, author.
- “Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement.” – James Cash Penney, founder of J.C. Penney.
- “Repeat business or behavior can be bribed. Loyalty has to be earned.” – Janet Robinson, American publishing executive.
- “One kind word can warm three winter months.” – Japanese Proverb
- “What’s important is that a customer should get off the airplane feeling, ‘I didn’t just get from A to B. I had one of the most pleasant experiences I ever had, and I’ll be back for that reason.'” – Herb Kelleher, airline businessman.
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.
- “One of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of attention.” – Jim Rohn, entrepreneur.
- “Memorable customer service can only take place in a human-to-human situation.” – Jeffrey Gitomer, best-selling author and speaker.
- “Keeping customers is about the experience, and the employees control the culture and temperature of the business. Never forget that.” – Steve Wynn, founder of Wynn Resorts.
- “Truth builds trust.”- Marilyn Stuttle, success coach.
- “Right or wrong, the customer is always right.” – Marshall Field, founder of Marshall Field and Company.
- “Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.” – Mother Teresa, Roman Carholic saint.
- “As the Internet has sped up the consumer experience, customer expectations are higher.” – Greg Gianforte, American businessman and author.
- “I’m most passionate about personalization. I firmly believe that personalized experiences with brands will most drive loyalty and relevance for customers in the future.” – Katrina Lake, founder of Stitch Fix.
- “Follow the customer; if they change — we change.” – Sir Terry Leahy, British businessman.
- “Seek first to understand. Then to be understood.” – Stephen Covey, author.
- “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” – Will Rogers, actor.
- “What helps people, helps business.” – Leo Burnett, founder of Leo Burnett Company Inc.
- “When a customer enters my store, forget me. He is king.” – John Wanamaker, American merchant.
- “The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention.” – Duguet, author.
- “Without caring there can be no quality.” – Joel Barker, futurist author.
- “You should not build your customer service system on the premise that your organization will never question the whims of your clients.” – Richard Branson, British business magnate.
- “Every great business is built on friendship.” – James Cash Penney, founder of J.C. Penney.
- “Don’t find fault. Find a remedy.” – Henry Ford, American industrialist.
- “Really good customer service will deliver sales. You are training salesmen to give the best possible advice and then to achieve the sale. People actually like you to ask for a sale because it shows you value their business.” – John Caudwell, business leader and philanthropist.
- “The customer is always right.” – Harry Gordon Selfridge, founder of Selfridges.
- “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you. It just works.” – Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.
- “If you don’t care, your customer never will.” – Marlene Blaszczyk, founder of Motivateus.com.
- “The customer’s perception is your reality.” – Kate Zabriskie, president of Business Training Works, Inc.
- “Ask your customers to be part of the solution, and don’t view them as part of the problem.” – Alan Weiss, author.
- “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” – Blaise Pascal, French mathematician.
- “To listen closely and reply well is the highest perfection we are able to attain in the art of conversation.” – François de La Rochefoucauld, French classical author.
- “Always do more than is required of you.” – George S. Patton, general of the US Army.
The takeaway? Each one of your customers deserves to be treated like the very first one.